Sunday, March 29, 2015

The MTC Era Episode 8 - Monday, March 16, 2015

ជំរាបសួរ(Cumriabsua!),
       I had a beyond marvelous week! I am currently on my final (9th) week of my time in the Provo MTC, which I find it bitter-sweet and exciting!  I will departing to Cambodia next week on the 24th of March! So today I did another endowment session for the dead in this P-Day! OKAY! So to summarize my 8th week in the Provo MTC and why is it one of the best ever! So last Tuesday Night Devotional was the absolute best devotional I ever experience ever the reason is because I finally had an opportunity along with my district TO HEAR FROM AN APOSTLE NAMED ELDER QUENTIN L. COOK AND HIS WIFE!!!! It's my first time ever witnessing or hearing from a current Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, yes he's one of the 12! His remarks are incredibly... remarkable. He explained how all of us missionaries are all true emissaries of the savior Jesus Christ and "When you're inviting, you're succeeding!"  

     I also remember another quote from him that for all of the missionaries in the Provo MTC during the Tuesday Night Devotion... quote: "If you have more faith, you'll be more successful"- that's very important for all of us to remember before, during, and after our missions! I honest had tears of complete happiness on that night after the Devotional because he's someone who I always wanted to see or meet while I was training in the MTC and me with my district has witnessed a APOSTLE! He's someone who does KNOWS the voice of the Savior, has a powerful testimony of the Savior, and testifies the Scriptures like the Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price are absolutely true words of God today! Now, I know he's not God, but he's one of the individuals who determined my calling of where Heavenly Father needs me to go leading up to the current Prophet Thomas S. Monson's decision! As he spoke in the devotional he's not saying these important remarks to grab so much attention, but he's there to tell us missionaries about the absolute importance of our calling.

    During that week, did trained more by preparing to teach a couple investigators named Bong Saen and Bong Sombat. (Bong Sombat's a new demo-investigator who me and my companion proselyted), I also saw pictures of Lookkruu Mickelson's experience while he was in the mission field in Cambodia! Also I practiced reading a verse in Khmer in the Book of Mormon in the following scripture I referenced in this blog post for the week. Oh yeah. I had a haircut the same time as Sister Kerr (the sister I blogged about last week who used to be part of my Stake!) Me and my companion translating English questions into Khmer Questions in one class session, it's fun and little tricky to know the grammar of certain questions and even sentences. 

     Yesterday I had a fantastic Priesthood Meeting, District Meeting and Sacrament Meeting. (That's what I usually do in Sundays in the MTC, which I enjoyed so much!) I also attended a departure devotional even though it's not our last week, after that I attend Sunday Night Devotional, we get to hear from a Branch President of the MTC named President Lee H. Radebaugh! (He's not our Branch President, but I think he's the Branch President of the Korean speaking missionaries) When the speaker was explaining  he want a missionary to read a scripture, my branch wanted to take to opportunity to grab the microphone as he requested someone to read a scripture for him. I took the opportunity and...I was noticed by the camera and displayed in the screen when I finished reading the scripture for the speaker. My branch was very happy that I took the opportunity even though it's just me getting on the screen for a little bit. Hahaha I love my mission district so much!

    Well, I have less than 8 days left until I go and invite so many of my own people and family to Christ! It seems like the time I spent in the Provo MTC went by so fast as I reviewed how I spent my time in the Provo MTC, listening to all my Lookkruus and all of the missionaries testimonies in my branch, and after all I trained in here! I love my Teacher/ Lookkruus and Zone so much. Best of all, I love my companion Elder Hall, we trained so hard together as brothers, doing our best to teach with the spirit, speak with the spirit, continue to prepare with love, and learn everyday. We're going to have a hard time separating ounce we come to Cambodia to meet our new Senior Missionaries soon. Will be updating in next P-day before I depart start to Depart to Cambodia... I hope. Hahaha I love and missed the Syracuse Ward, Syracuse Community, and most of all my family including my Pomeranian dog "Prince". 

"Now they never had fought, yethey did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yeathey had been taught by theimothersthat if they did nodoubt, God would deliver them." - Alma 56:47

"Go your way whithersoever I will, and it shall be given you by the Comforter what you shall do and whither you shall go. Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward. Be faithful unto the bend, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen." - Doctrine & Covenants 31:11-13
      


       Cumriablលា!,
             Elder Ros

I won't ever forget this Apostle's remarks from last Tuesday Night Devotional!

Cheers from yesterday from my spotlight reading a scripture in JS-H 1:39 for an individual who gave his remarks in Sunday Night Devotional named President Lee H. Radebaugh! (Don't worry it's just Matinelli's Apple Cider from my Birthday Party! 

Had my flight plans since last Friday! OH MY GOSH!!! I AM GOING TO CAMBODIA VERY SOON, FIRST TIME EVER ...AS A MISSIONARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment