Monday, March 2, 2015

The MTC Era Episode 5 - Monday, February 23, 2015

Cumriabsua to everyone I get to contact on my 5th P-day in the Provo MTC!,
     5th week was absolutely great! I spend most of the week memorizing 33 consonants and 32 sub-consonants in Khmer Script! The vowels are kinda complicated to remember in Khmer. So last Tuesday I get to hear from another Area 70 General Authority named Elder Daniel L. Johnson! He made a very great talk that's about how to be a really true and good missionary by living what you teach and preach to investigators!! He counsels us to make sure we missionaries help investigators learn the idea who God is, and exercise faith unto repentance. I did an endowment session during this P-day in the Provo Temple and had true breakfast along with my companion. We never had real breakfast before in the Provo MTC Cafeteria! Food's fantastic as usual. 


     Last Wednesday I get to host new upcoming missionaries, however I had an opportunity to help a new Sister hosting along with another missionary in my mission branch! Yesterday, I sat in the 2nd row with Zone 30 guesting to attend a Sunday Night Devotional by President James Lindahl about the Doctrine of Christ which is "Our Missionary Purpose". I also spent time last week on learning a lot more Khmer terms to do my best on breaking my language plateau. I remember when I was a Priesthood meeting me and other Elders in my Zone discussed the absolute importance about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Also last Sunday or Yesterday was the final day we spent time with our Cantonese Missionaries in our Zone. They're super nice and awesome people they did a song in there mission language during Sacrament Meeting before they leave on top of this morning. 

     There are lots of changes in the leadership of the Zone since then but change is good. I forgot to tell that for the past Tuesday Nights before and during these important Devotionals I've been participating in the Provo MTC Choir it was a fun experience! So here are the songs I sing in the Provo MTC Choir from half of the time I was in the MTC! :
Week 1:I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Week 2:Sweet Hour of Prayer
Week 3:Nearer, My God, to Thee
Week 4:Consider The Lilies
I also want to mention that the Elders in my mission branch in every Thursday! In a residence in 15M. 
I still find it hard to believe I'm over half done with my time in the Provo MTC learning the Khmer language!

 "...Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." - Ether 12:6

P.S. I love you all so much and I want to give a shout out to the Ros Family,the Syracuse Ward and Stake, and Syracuse Community that I truly missed them so much! God bless you all! 

I also want to mention that the Elders in my mission branch and me does service every Thursday in a residence hall in 15M. That was fun!

Me holding the Title of Liberty!!! Ohhhh baaat! (In Khmer Script...Fantastic!)

Farewell Picture with the Cantonese Missionaries! Good blessing to them as they have
their flight to Hong Kong! It's really nice that I get to know them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment