Monday, March 2, 2015

The MTC Era Episode 6 - Monday, March 2, 2015



Cumriabsua!,
     Happy Birthday to my one and only mother Sopheap Kim Ros!! I love and missed you!  (Mdaay roboh khnom) I hoped she received the Cambodian LDS Hymn I sent in a package today! 6 weeks in training in the Provo MTC! Woo! 22 days (about 3 weeks left)  until me and the the mission district departs to the mission field! I had an amazing 6th week! So in the past week I attended the Tuesday Night Devotional, doesn't involve a Area 70 General Authority!

      However, I heard from a familiar individual gave a talk in a past General Conference session his name is Gerald Causse, he's known as the First Counselor of the Presiding Bishopric. He gave a very decent talk about how to be BOLD missionaries comparing to Super heroes except we're all a large army of God! Also in last week I learned how to translate Scriptures in the The Book of Mormon, each word takes a lot of time to translate. However, it gets easier as I read each Khmer word carefully. I learned more about Cambodian grammar and even trained myself to learn more (at least 25) Khmer words each day. My new goal is hopefully 40-80 Khmer words a day for the 7th week!

      So I am currently assigned as the Senior Companion out of me and Elder Hall for the rest of our time in the Provo MTC. We're still cooperative and loving to each other and still manage to truly teach demo-investigators with the Holy Spirit. Also last week was the final week me and the district get to spend some time knowing the "Old" Thai Missionaries! They have very firm and strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Yesterday, the "Old" Thai missionaries sang a musical number during Sacrament Meeting, they sounded great! Also, what happened yesterday was Fast Sunday so me and the mission district attended a Mission Conference! The leadership of the Provo MTC gave very edifying talks. On top of that later on in that day I get to hear a talk from The Director of Training of the Provo MTC named Mark Jarman who's in charge of all the teachers who teach in the MTC Classes! 

     Well, I am almost done with my training in the MTC learning the Khmer language. I will be departing on the 24th of March to Cambodia! Since yesterday was the final Fast and Testimony day I spent in Provo MTC I recalled that I bore a testimony about the importance of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of His Restored Church during Sacrament Meeting!

"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." -1 Timothy 6:12

           Cumriabl!,
             Elder Ros


No comments:

Post a Comment