Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Episode 1 - The Prideful-Humbling Debut. Sunday, March 29, 2015

ជំរាបសួរ,

    FYI: LANDED IN CAMBODIA SAFELY STAYED IN THE MISSION HOME FOR A DAY AND GOT TO KNOW THE MISSION PRESIDENT known as President and Sister Moon! (The Mission President and his wife are such a very nice couple I loved them so much!) It's been a super long travel, however I had some pretty tasty airplane food on the way here. (Shrimp Congee "chinese food" for example.... reminds me of Bawbaw Soup. In actuality it is BawBaw. Now in actual translation from Khmer to English... there's a few meanings for Bawbaw such as either gruel, rice soup or... rice porridge.)

     SINCE ABOUT 25-29th March 2015

    Okay, I am about 4 days in the mission field in Cambodia! I am doing fantastic, but I've been fatigued with homesickness every morning! (Hopefully it'll go away.) It's nice and very hot over here! As I made it to the field, President Moon has assigned me with my new companion known Elder McGavin, he's a very nice and awesome trainer!  He's been very cheerful to me, knowing how very home sick I got lately! My first area is called តាខ្មៅ (Daa Khmau) or Black Grandpa is the name to this particular area of Cambodia under Branch 2. 

    So.... where to start... Me and my companion met a very nice woman who's ready to be baptized! Sister Lindley and Kimball who were teaching her needed my companion to interview her before hand. (Elder McGavin Later on in the week I get to know some members or the Young Men and Women of the Branch my companion and I work in and have their help on proselyting along with me and my companion. While we're at it we were doing our best to invite inactive members back to Church, which was kinda tough. Some homes I visited are literally poor but the families I meet are very nice and are willing to listen to us. There were chickens (some looks very unhealthy) and stray animals (like Dogs) everywhere as I rode my bike around the area where I proselyte.

    Yesterday, I attended Church the first time with Elder McGavin, it was very nice experience even though everyone speaks a bit faster than me. However, I did the best I can to understand everyone in my mission language. During the first time I ever attend Church in Cambodia the Branch President for the តា ខ្មៅ area wants me to introduce myself and bare testimony to the present congregation and so I did, explaining to them about where I am truly from and hoping they can still understand me, while I explained to them that my grammar isn't perfect, as I testify to them! Later on, we had a Baptismal Service! (From the interview to the nice woman I mentioned) I can't really put up pictures yet because I am just in a Internet shop in  Phnom Penh. I'll try to put some up though! I am doing my best to enjoy my time in the field! I do really miss the Syracuse Community, Ward Family and most entirely of all my family. Oh yeah, before the weekend I met my Mother's sister or my aunt name NeaMing she wanted to give me Pizza and Drinks, (Soda and Soy milk) while I did spent time at the Church with my companion meeting them! (I felt bitter that I am not yet super good at my mission language yet as I was trying to talk to NeaMing, however I know it'll my language speaking will improve! My companion has been a great help to me as I get trained by him. I also invited NeaMing to come to Church.)  Funny thing is... as I was being familiar with my Branch I work with, some members couldn't tell if I am Cambodian just because I am from America so I had to be very consistent on telling or explaining how I am truly a Cambodian which I don't mind at all.

   The food over here .... phenomenal! I LOVE the food over here! Eating real good rice! Plus, the noodles over here...fantastic! My new home or apartment is pretty decent, have a great supply of GOOD water and shelter. It's been a humbling privilege for me to proselyte within this area (តា ខ្មៅ) along with my Trainer Companion! Please keep me in your prayers! I'll do the best I can to stay safe!  I LOVE MY MISSION no matter how homesick I get! I hoped my former MTC district are doing alright! LOVE YOU ALL! I testify that it's the gift of tongues that helps me most on speaking the Cambodian language! Doing missionary work is by far the most important decision I ever made in my lifetime, I will go and keep doing HIS work with faith! Blessing many who still needs to hear! God's the true miracle worker! Plus, the Holy Spirit has been a very comforting companion as I keep inviting it! Hope I can keep on inviting my own people to Christ!  

Here's a verse of Hymn I thought about throughout my first week in the field! (I know that my redeemer lives!),
 "He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart."- Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints #136:2 

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Phillipians 4:13

"Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." -Missionary Purpose



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
      ជំរាបលា!,
      -អែលឌើរ រស (Elder Ros)


​My Bat Mobile! 

​The Fantastic supply of Good Water!

​Now, what is Toilet Paper? When you can use a hose!


​The  តា ខ្មៅ Church Building! I work in the 2nd Branch of this Area!

No comments:

Post a Comment