Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Episode 20 - Monday, Aug 10, 2015

ជំរាបសួរ!,
     I am still hastening the Lord's work as I work in Pochentong along with Elder Uhi. For this post I want to take the time to bare a spiritual mission experience throughout this week ...so here's how'd did this week went:

    What I've done last week with Elder Uhi has been very humbling.... seriously. As I show Elder Uhi around the area doing some contacting, a very less-active member we discovered out of no where found us riding our bikes who wants us to come visit his home as he rode on his motto there and so we did... I never knew who he is as I worked in Pochentong until later on that week. As we met up him he was drunk... as we met with him and talked with him about the church, he wants to meet up again. Came back met him again as he's sober, he conversed with us that he's been a member of the Church 18 years ago! So this guy's named (Look Poo) Ohm Bonnavuth. He's remembered that when he's been converted to be a member of the church and helped past missionaries way back then when the mission was just opening! He's been very less active only because he doesn't know where the closest church is around the area so we helped him throughout the week! As we taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he's remembered what we re-taught him as if that's a fantastic memory back then when he met his first missionaries. 

      So just from us taking time to meet with this Look Poo to help him come back to church, he's been so happy that he's returned back to church and now he's felt that he's a restored member, as he realized the Church has changed so much over here as he's been less active. This moment I experienced reminds me of the Parable of the lost sheep: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/luke/15  

     Throughout this week, I've been helping some investigators learn about the gospel and helping them come closer to Christ along with Elder Uhi.  


     I witnessed so many miracles as I serve in this mission it's not even funny. Serving a mission is not a easy task at but with God all things are possible! I've been stressed, depressed, and exhausted at sometimes as I serve here in Cambodia, However, as I exert all I got by doing my best I know that the Lord will do the rest. It's been an adventure serving here so far. Me and Elder Uhi's investigators we're still helping them come closer Christ. I just want to let each of you reading this know that I am still doing well. I testify that God loves us, he cares for us and that if we keep putting our faith in God, Jesus Christ and in His atonement. We'll continue to maintain happiness in this life. I thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the scriptures enable for us to keep receiving answers from our prayers! Sorry that this post seems super short. However, I've been working hard keeping it up and teaching anyone I could with Elder Uhi with care, and love. Be posting better next week hopefully lets see how next week goes! Gotta Blast Stay fantastic! God bless you all!
    

សូមជំរាបលា!
-អែលឌើរ រស់ (Elder Ros)
"For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith."  - 2 Nephi 27:23


"Believe in Miracles, Hope Is Never Lost" — Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Photo's a week old. However, this was my first time ever seeing so many Water Buffalos in person! Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment