Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunday, Apr. 17, 2016

ជាតំបន់សូមជំរាបសួរ!,

     Well! What is up all who are following up with me this week! Whoo! Me and Elder Slavens are killing it over although Phnom Penh's been a ghost town throughout last week! Here lies some highlights from last week! 

-From last Monday after P-day, me and Elder Slavens participated at a Family Home Evening which was very uplifting and fun as we showed up to Lida and her family's house, before that we've been contacting several people around the area ounce more to see anyone's wanting to learn about the gospel even though it's Khmer New Year!

-Last Tuesday, me and Elder Slavens spent majority of this day by DEEP CLEANING our apartment for the entire day which was super fun! Because cleaning our apartment helps anyone maintain the Holy Spirit in our homes in the mission! 

-Last Wednesday, we had Zone Conference which was excellent! I am truly motivated to help many other develop a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon! After that we met one of our investigators named Non, a very nice guy and always willing to learn and ask unique questions about the Church I love him so much! Also, I met a family with Pu Soka and his family, it was wonderful to meet them and help them develop a better testimony of the Gospel! 

-Last Thursday, President Christensen held a big lunch at the Tonle Bassac 2 Restaurant to celebrate Khmer New Year for missionaries serving with in the city. After that, we met a cool indian guy that wants to learn about The Book of Mormon he's a really awesome guy named Ango. We had a excellent discussion with him as we prepared a Book of Mormon since he wants one! We introduced to him the Book of Mormon and gave him one with our testimonies in it as he has so many unique questions about Christ and the church! He's been committed to read and study the Book of Mormon out! It's my first time in a while ever to teach about the Church in English! Funny thing is as we about to close with a prayer Elder Slavens was nervous that I was going to pray with Ango in Khmer, but rather than doing that I just gave a sincere prayer in English with Ango to help him feel the Holy Spirit! One of the funnest experience I ever had in my mission! Then later on we met a active member named  Bong Peak, a cool and nice guy with awful children... but it's fantastic to see him and his family doing alright, meeting Peak for my first time has been a honor! Haha!

- OKay! Last Friday, me and the North Zone did a big service project around the North Stake Center picking up dirt and sand from the trees on front of the church fence and putting all of it in a better place! Then, later on we had Weekly Planning for a while, then we participated at a Khmer New Party of some members for a bit while contacting on the way for a bit.

-Last Saturday, we literally went from path to path to contacting a ton of people in the city to see if any want to learn, some understood our invitation and some claim to be busy which I know people here are legit busy here in the city despite in some people circumstance that it's Khmer New Year! But anyways it's been a fun day! We just go around town talking to several people about the Gospel! One of my favorite days of this transfer already! 

-Yesterday!, church is fantastic for my first time in Te'uk La'ak although it's ....well you all know the Holiday! ...Had a chance to introduce myself a meet some members here, hope to meet a whole lot more members next Sunday! After church me and Elder Slavens approach a cool guy that I contacted in the area working at a restaurant  named Bong Nian hopefully we'll meet throughout this week since he bluntly told me that he wants to learn a lot more about God! Love him and excited to meet him along with Elder Slavens! All contacting throughout this week's been paying off! Whoo!

         Well this is pretty much all I wanted to share for this weeks post! It's been a very fun transfer so far being with Elder Slavens, I know that the Gospel is beneficial for anyone in these last days or Latter-day! I still love to serve my divine heritage here! I know I've been called to serve here doing God's will here doing the Lord's work! I am so thankful to be called to serve in this mission! My growth in Khmer is still going along with Elder Slavens! We know we can do it! This area's in great hands! Well, gotta get back to work and keep inviting those to come unto Christ! I can't wait to keep up the work here in this mission Cambodia! May God bless each of you who's still praying for me that I am able to keep serving in this mission! Stay fantastic, I love you all so much! Will be posting next week!

NOTE: REAN English Class's been canceled twice because of Khmer New Year. But that's okay wait for this week and see throughout this week! Khmer New Year's all over now!
Elder Ros has done it again making a nicer and more updated board! ...#YESYESYES (From deep cleaning!)

A close up of Elder Slavens and My planner cover for this transfer!!!

#WheresElderLambornandSisterKillian? MTC Khmer New Year Group Picture!!! Holla! Yeaaah!  (Last Thursday!) 

The North Zone Elders/ Sisters and I took time to do a service project around the Church building during Khmer New Year! #FUNSTUFF (Last Friday!)

ដោយក្ដីស្រឡាញ់, (With love), ❤ -អែឌើ ស់
Elder Ros
 The Legendary ខ្មែរ-i-can Missionary from Syracuse, NY USA
Warning: Some of you might seen this scripture before but it's very straight forward. Plus, I felt the need to share these following scriptures for this week! God bless you all! 
 17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
 18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, whichwitnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen. - 2 Nephi 31 : 17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment