Monday, July 6, 2015

Episode 15 - Sunday, July 5, 2015

ជំរាបសួរ!,

 "រស់...មិនស្លាប់ !"- The actual phrase I hear a lot from many I meet and teach throughout my mission. Hahaha! 
     Hope everyone's doing fantastic at this time! So before I begin I just want to wish from June the 21st a Happy Fathers Day to every father! Plus, every American a Happy Independence Day to the US! (4th of July!) This week's been a super awesome week here's how's it so!

Last Tuesday: Throughout this day me and Elder Olsen basically went contacting and proselyting throughout this day while we're at it we came to the church building for our investigator បង ចន្ធី to have her be interviewed by our Zone Leader for Baptism! (She passed the interview and is ready for Baptism!)  Done for proselyting with love and visit a Look Poo named Poo Set, we just encouraged to listen to the audio scripture we gave to him in Khmer so he can continue to gain more knowledge from God's words, it was a very nice lesson as we extend invitation for him to listen to the Scriptures. 

Last Wednesday: Then, we taught a Prospective Missionary/ Ward Mission Leader បុរាណ (who's about to serve a mission in Sacramento, California!) about the importance of family history! Plus, we just taught a gist of the Plan of Salvation to our investigator ស្រី Mon she know a lot already and fun one being taught along with her husband Look Poo ឈួន (Ju Ann). Rean English Program's fun to teach like usual seeing some students come to really learn English words. Yeppers! Plus, we had two new contacts and followed up to meet them to teach about the Church! 

Last Thursday: After weekly planning, and the usual proselyting and contacting with love we took time to teach តារា who's a referral from the Sisters within our area. We tried to teach him about the church however, he talks a lot as we tried to teach him about the Restoration. I loved this investigator, he's learned about different sects of religion. Plus, has great experiences about Prayer. He's a very interesting one. Hahaha! I love serving in this mission!

Last Friday: On this day is the day we meet our New Mission President... President Christensen and Sister Christensen! They're a super nice couple as they're new leaders of the mission! What to know about them!: He grew up in Hawaii then moved to Utah when he was 18. He served a mission in Hong Kong, but then got transferred to open up Vietnam. He talked about how his mission president flew down with him and three other elders. He dropped them off in Saigon, told them they did not have any translated materials and then flew back to Hong Kong. They hired a Vietnamese girl that knew Cantonese to teach them Vietnamese and then worked with members of the branch to translate the first twenty chapters of The Book of Mormon into Vietnamese. He was there for six months. Two years later the country was closed again because the North Vietnamese took over. His wife is awesome as well. They are both vibrant and full of life. Then we go back to spiritual business on teaching here and there, and loving all who serve I serve along with Elder Olsen in this area! So further more of this day the Sisters in our area has their investigator ស្រី ឡែន who needs an interview for baptism and she's ready to be baptized and picked me to baptize her! 

Last Saturday: Met with a new investigator named Soca who works at a Sowing shop and taught a Look Poo who's interested with the restoration of the Gospel! Plus, this is a BIG DAY for (our investigator) បង ចន្ធី and (sister's investigator) ស្រី ឡែន ...the day when they became Baptized! The day I also officially baptized someone first time ever in my life and in my mission! Everything went smoothly throughout the Baptismal Session! One of the most spiritual moments I ever experience in my life. I am so eternally grateful to be chosen by ស្រី ឡែន to baptize her! 

Yesterday: Church's been phenomenal បង ចន្ធី and ស្រី ឡែន also attend Church to receive the the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Throughout this session of church's Fast and Testimony meeting... my goodness... I heard so many wonderful testimonies throughout this Fast and Testimony meeting in Church in the Pochentong Ward. We met up with a new Investigator who's nicknamed CAT! Awesome guy... very open to hear from us! He's one of the English Class Student from Rean! He speaks very fluent English! 
         

Well everyone, it's been a huge adventure so far in my mission! I STILL LOVE MY MISSION! I am doing awesome! I am choosing hasten the Lord's work! Oh  បាទ!
 I've seen so many miracles just from taking time to serve the Lord and others in this mission! I love ALL who I serve here! I am still determined to continue to be a better missionary each and every day! Well gotta blast! STAY FANTASTIC!

I also want to dedicate this special Blog post to President Boyd K. Packer of the Twelve Apostles. Rest in Peace. I am truly thankful to hear many wonderful and heart warming remarks throughout the past time I hear from you in General Conferences. 

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” ― Joseph Smith Jr.


សូមជំរាបលា!, 
-អែលឌើរ រស់ (Elder Ros)
It's been a sacred privilege President Moon! Great blessings to you and Sister Moon after serving and leadingthe Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission for 3 years! 

I just love eating Khmer Food such as Kaw and Rice.

Our Investigator who's now a Recent Convert បង ចន្ធី and her family! 

So happy to have the sacred privilege to baptize ស្រី ឡែន! Yay! (Officially my first time baptizing someone!)








No comments:

Post a Comment