Monday, June 22, 2015

Episode 13 - Around the airport. Sunday, June 21, 2015

ជំរាបសួរអ្នករាល់គ្នា!,
  Welcome to this week's post! Well this week's pretty much a big transitioning week! My honestly missed all of the members and people I serve in Branch 2 of Ta Khmao. It's been a sacred privilege... Well  honestly this  is how this week pretty much went!

      Last Tuesday to Last Friday: I shared a lesson along with Elder Child about the importance of Hope and bared testimony why it's super important to maintain hope on the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives today. I loved all who I served in this area I do missed it. I might come back through my time in the mission I don't really know, but I know that God will determine that decision as I serve in this mission. I prayed and hoped that this branch will continue to grow and continue to have a very firm grip on the gospel as I transfer to Pochentong! It's a awesome and sacred privilege to have the opportunity to start serving in this new area with my "Mom" Elder Olsen.

     Last Saturday: I just get familiar with parts of the ward and the area with Elder Olsen! Members are very nice over here! I took time in this day with Elder Olsen to meet up with a investigator who's husband's already a member of the Church we taught her a lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and why's it's important to follow the savior's teachings and his example! Her husband talks a lot, but it's been fun talking and teaching them with the spirit! ...Yeah! Hahaha! After that, we attend a Stake Conference for the Young Single Adults at the North Stake Center to hear from the Presidencies of the areas of the Stake and the Mission President and his wife and an Area 70!


     Yesterday: Church's Stake Conference for the entire congregation of Branches and Wards for this weekend loving greeting every member and those visiting the Stake Center! We just do some contacting, teach an a Sister of a member Ritea, named Bong Chantii who's still investigating the church and has a very firm desire to be baptized teaching her commandments such as Praying, Obeying, Studying Scriptures, and Enduring to the End holding on believing in God and Christ and keeping the commandments!  Later on, we just did contacting, helped a member move dirt (LOVE doing service!)  Plus, visited a former investigator that past missionaries haven't met since a couple months!

    Well, this is going to be super fun and adventurous! I am enjoying this mission so much! I love it! I am thankful for the opportunity to serve in Pochentong with Elder Olsen! I love this Church, ALL who I serve! I hope to keeping pressing on and hastening into the Lord's work! The language's gradually improving. Still not super fluent yet! But as I study diligently I am sure I will able to speak this mission language when the time comes. We all just need to keep trusting God and a he'll us in all our trails and problems throughout this life! I hope to get familiar enough in my new area as much as possible! Oh I want to give a big shout out to the Gages from the Package they gave me! Thank you all so much and the Syracuse Ward that I missed you all and I am very thankful from your letters and your love. Thank you all from keeping me in your prayers! I am going to keep this up! This is going to be fun serving around the city! Gotta blast! God bless you all! STAY FANTASTIC! .... ទៅយើង!
         

           
“We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” Romans 5:3–5
"The guilt that accompanies mistakes can be washed away. If we seek to understand His Atonement, we will come to a deep reverence for the Lord Jesus Christ, His earthly ministry, and His divine mission as our Savior."
—Boyd K. Packer

ជំរាបលា!-អែលឌើរ រស់ (Elder Ros)
Elder Somephikay! And... Elder Palmer- It's super ប្រសើរ to finally see you again after months brother! 

Thank you Elder McGavin and Elder Child from training me so much. LOVE YOU DAD AND STEP-DAD
You guys are the best! 

Here's the Ward building of Pochentong! Looks very grand from the inside and out.  Can't wait to meet so many more members and investigator within this area!

A view from my room in my new apartment of what parts of my new area Pochentong looked like! 
This is going to super fun and adventurous while working around in the city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment