Monday, June 22, 2015

Episode 12 - The End of Training. Sunday, Jun 15, 2015

ជំរាបសួរអ្នករាល់គ្នា!,
           Welcome to this week's post! Had a busy and yet fun week! Making phone calls for appointments with investigators and members! It was super fun! Here's how last week went throughout my 2nd to last week of training!:

 Last week was all about me leading ALL teaching situations and plans for the week! Which was crazy, complicated,and stressful, but super fun! (Very brief because just getting busy into the mission fun! Hahaha!)

Last Tuesday: Had an exchange with Elder Jones as he joined me and Elder Child for the day! We had district meeting. Lunch at Lucky Burger and we just teach Look Poo Ughn about the Parable of the Sower and we teach this parable all day to all other members and less-actives! Plus, we did some English Contacting for the next day! Love contacting for English Class!  

Last Wednesday: In English Class, I was teaching along with Elder Child about Public Speaking in Advanced English Class! We were also answering questions those who attended the class session! I also gave a Spiritual Thought about the importance of Hope after Class! I love teaching English to all who want to learn and also show interest of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  

Last Thursday: Went to Kah Koh right after Weekly Planning / Lunch to visit Nisai and Thib to teach about the atonement! Plus, had help from them to teach Ming Kunthea about the commandments which is Praying, Reading the Scriptures, and attending Church!  Note that Ming Kunthea is one of the only few investigators I had during my training.

Last Friday: I visited Prek Ho along with Elder Child to teach Ming Thon and her son Sroh or "Fresh" who's less active about the importance of the atonement and then we took time to teach Somnang a Branch missionary of ours who wants to learn some English and learn how to Pray in English! (Throughout some night in the week he had some difficult he's facing in life so we helped him by encouraging him to have faith, pray daily with faith and attend Church!) Don't want to talk bad of him but he does take work to get him to do missionary work more often. You really can't make others help missionaries do missionaries especially if you're one as well.

Last Saturday: Okay, so on this day we taught a awesome lesson to a Less Active Family, mainly teaching Look Poo Vwibol! All about the atonement me and Elder Child shared him a scripture in Mosiah 14:4-5 describing how much God and Jesus Christ love ALL of us! That Christ suffered for our sins so that we can receive forgiveness from our past sins! As we shared to scripture with him the Holy Spirit's presence was strong and Look Poo Vwibol LOVES that scripture that stuck. He realized that if he actually continues to follow God and Christ, plus apply the atonement every day we will continue to feel happier! After that we taught Look Poo Hang about the atonement and the sacrament. Then, we traveled to Kah Koh to visit Nisai and taught him the 10 commandments and why they're important to follow in our lives. Also, after that we visit Ming Konthea ounce again to teach her the 10 commandments! During the day it was super rainy and stormy like the Saturday before! But we traveled back safely, and this time my inner tube didn't tangle in my wheel! YEAH! Hahaha! I love how Ming Konthea's always willing to listen and learn from me and Elder Child! So excited that she'll be baptized soon on the 21st of June hopefully! (Yes, her baptismal date's changed but it's alright! We want to make sure that she remembers all we taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ because that's more important then just going over the motions of teaching lessons!)   

Yesterday: Church was phenomenal as usual! Here's how's it awesome not only that Ming Konthea's still committed to keep coming to Church, but Look Poo Vwibol and his family returned back to church! It's been an awesome Sabbath day hearing talks from Poo Hang and a NeaMing! Spirit's strong! I love attending church and fellow shipping with all members and investigators! (TRANSFER CALL ALERT!) I will be moving to Pochentong, (in the city of Phnom Penh) with a NEW COMPANION named Elder Olsen!!!!

         We'll I don't believe it's happening but I am leaving Ta Khmao! My goodness, I am really going to miss all who I served in Branch 2 of Ta Khmao! So this week I am saying good bye to all I serve in this area and will be packing like crazy! Love you all! Please keep me in your prayers! Thank you so much Elder McGavin and Elder Child from teaching me so many things about this mission! I learned so much from both you! You guys are the best! Well, I will be posting next week! I REALLY LOVE MY MISSION! Will be posting next week!

           
"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." - D&C 4:2 

ជំរាបលា!, -អែលឌើរ រស់ (Elder Ros)
Me, Elder Child and Elder Jones on a exchange for a day! (Triple team! Oh yeah!)​ 

ដារីម translating my spiritual thought from English to Khmer! Shared a spiritual thought after class
about the importance of HOPE! 

Me and Elder Child stopped to just have a drink. (I love Soy Milk!)

Just out in Kah Koh with Elder Child and Nisai (Awesome job helping us teaching our investigator មីង គន្ធា! Love him and 
Ming just staying open to learn from us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment