Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016

ជំរាបសួរ,
       My beloved friends who are reading this update, I hope you all are doing fantastic as I continue to serve my divine heritage here in Cambodia still working as hard as I can in Ta Khmao Branch 1 and the group in Bakou! So in this update I won't be writing too much but I will break down how'd did last week went as I serve on with Elder Bostrom! (Within this special post.)

       So I am still doing great, being a leading missionary is definitely not an easy task to do especially serving with 2 areas, I would love to be honest it's stressful, but I know that everything that God needs me to still do I can do them all along with Elder Bostrom! Yesterday in Church was okay in Bakou because not many members attend on that day because of the slight confusion on the 4th and 5th week of every month of where or which church building they need to attend enable for them to keep fellow-shipping and worship but that's okay prayerful things will get better ahead. Church in Branch 1 in Ta Khmao was great. Unfortunately, one of our investigators named Bannat was supposed to be baptized on that day but it didn't happened because of organization and crazy stuff going on in this week, but that's okay it will happen the baptism will happen! However, the great part of last week was when yesterday Odom and Banna successfully became confirmed, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and officially became members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although they're teenagers I can see how much they value the church in their lives as they kept coming to church!  

     To celebrate my 1st year mark in this mission, Elder Bostrom just got us smoothies to celebrate as we came back from the Rean English Program in Bakou which was tasty. Hehe! We're still taking good care of our areas here in Ta Khmao and Bakou as much as we can. Rean English Program in Bakou is a little different than other Rean English Program just because this area is a group and we sometimes have attendance of 2-8 attendees in some weeks. 

    I spent a portion of the week along with Elder Bostrom by doing a whole lot more updating for the two areas just to keep making sure that many things are taken care of before we do some proselyting. So this week is still productive because we still want to serve and keeping doing the best we can! 

    At this time I would like bare a special testimony in this special post:
     I still know that this church is still true! Plus, this scripture I share with you all is very comforting if we embrace this scripture in our hearts, it can touch our souls so well, as we embrace these words in our hearts, this doesn't have to relate to missionaries but for each and every one of us! I found this scripture as I think about the music from a Hymn "Be still my soul" because continuing serving in this mission was stressful, but I knew that it's still worth doing I thought about this Hymn to comfort myself to help myself continue to serve those I need to serve along with Elder Bostrom. As we continue to fight in a war against Satan by sharing the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, all will be truly happy as we all are. As I strive to do my best. Their won't be any regrets I have throughout serving my own mission. I won't claim that everything I do in my mission is "the best 2 years of my life" but I know that serving a mission for 2 years to worth doing so the things I do in my mission is the "2 years of my worth doing" to me. I've seen miracles as I kept doing my best. I decided to serve a mission for many reasons whether anyone likes it or not! I am out to prove how true The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saints is! I am His Witness, I am representative of Jesus Christ as I strive to be as I wear it on my name-tag each and everyday in my mission. I love my own people and I know that if I keep sharing the gospel to those that God needs me to meet that's all I know of how I am doing my part in this mission or how I would know if I've been a good missionary.
     I have to go, and I will still continue to write my post as always. I just want to remind you all to stay fantastic, and know that God still loves us, His love is eternal and as always embrace the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives we can still conquer the obstacles we face in our lives! I love you all! Til'next week!
 
  សូមជំរាលា!, 
 ❤ -អែឌើ ស់
Elder Ros
      Legendary Khmeri-can MIssionary from Syracuse, NY USA

" Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." - Psalms 37:3-9

Can you find the បារាំង?

So this is what Rean English Program looks like in Bakou sorry if it looks a bit crooked but this is the best I can show for this Episode. Hehe!
(Helping those that attend with Bs and Vs!)

Still working a lot for future Elders ahead! Taking care of both areas! (I love to update everything for all areas I serve in!)   

Selfies at Bakou, I love doing all that I can do for both of these areas along with Elder Bostrom! I love this mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment